TERMS OF SERVICE
IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY: YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PRODUCTS”) OF NOVIPOD, LLC (“NOVIPOD”, “WE”, “US”, or “OUR”) IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
BY CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BOX, ACCESSING THE NOVIPOD WEBSITE (“WEBSITE”), OR UTILIZING THE NOVIPOD PRODUCTS YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE NOVIPOD PRODUCTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between You and Novipod for use of the Products that You selected or initiated. “You” refers to the individual who is using or accessing the Products or is registered and/or has provided his or her credit card or other payment mechanism for the Products either directly with Novipod or through a third party or, if an individual is purchasing the Products on behalf of an entity and is authorized to purchase the Products on behalf of such entity, then “You” refers to such entity. If You do not agree with the terms of this Agreement, do not use or access the Products or, when applicable, click the “Cancel” button and do not purchase the Products.
Any software associated with the Products and website is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
1. PRODUCTS. Novipod will provide the Products in accordance with this Agreement. In order to use certain Products You may be required to download content, software, and/or required to agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless otherwise expressly set forth in any such additional terms and conditions applicable to the specific Products which You choose to use, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement in relation to Your use of that Product. Novipod may at its sole discretion, discontinue the Products or modify the features of the Products from time to time without prior notice. Use of the Products requires one or more compatible devices, Internet access (fees may apply), and certain software (fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the Products involves hardware, software, and Internet access, Your ability to use such Products may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed Internet access is recommended. You acknowledge and agree that such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, are Your responsibility.
2. RESPONSIBILITY FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. You may be required to provide information about Yourself in order to register for and/or use certain Products. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may also be asked to choose a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of Your user name and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
3. USE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. By accessing the Website, you will have the opportunity to view, read, and otherwise learn about Novipod Products and Services (the “Content”). By accessing the Website, you acknowledge that You are solely responsible for your use of such Content. You agree that You will not use the Products or Services to send unsolicited commercial e-mail in violation of applicable law. You further agree not to use the Products or Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation. You further agree not to provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. You further agree not to upload or transmit any software or code that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of the Products or Services in any way or which does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or networks of Novipod or other Users of Products or Services. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, You also agree to comply with applicable local rules or codes of conduct (including codes imposed by Your employer) regarding online behavior and acceptable content and the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which You reside. Novipod reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who, in Novipod’s sole discretion, is suspected of violating this provision, including without limitation, reporting You to law enforcement authorities. Use of the Products or Services is void where prohibited. You understand and agree that by using the Products or Services, You automatically grant (and warrant and represent You have a right to grant) to Novipod the right to store, forward, transmit, and display any content you transmit or provide internally within Novipod or to other Novipod affiliates, assigns, or successors.
4. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT OF OTHERS. It is possible that other Users of the Products or Services may violate one or more of the above prohibitions. Novipod assumes no responsibility or liability for such violation. If You become aware of any violation of this Agreement in connection with use of the Products or Services by any person, please contact Novipod at email@example.com. Novipod may investigate any complaints and violations that come to it’s attention and may take any action that it believes is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or User profiles. However, because situations and interpretations vary, Novipod also reserves the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will Novipod be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Products, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content. If at any time You are not happy with the Products or Services, your sole remedy is to cease using such Products or Services.
5. ELIGIBILITY. You affirm that You are of legal age and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. Although we cannot absolutely control whether minors gain unauthorized access to the Products, access may be terminated without warning if we believe that You are underage or otherwise ineligible.
6. CHARGES. You agree that Novipod may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You and approved by Novipod (“Your Account”) all amounts due and owing for the Products, including Product fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. Novipod may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Products that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that Novipod will provide You with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate Your Account if Novipod changes the price of a Product to which You are subscribed and will not charge you for a previously free Product unless you have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You agree that in the event Novipod is unable to collect the fees owed to Novipod for the Products through Your Account, Novipod may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by Novipod in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees. You further agree that Novipod may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due.
7. LIMITATIONS ON USE. The Products may be used for consumer purposes only. You will not reproduce, resell, or distribute the Products or any reports or data generated by the Products for any purpose unless You have been specifically permitted to do so under a separate agreement with Novipod. You will not offer or enable any third parties to use the Products purchased by You, display on any website or otherwise publish the Products or any Content obtained from a Product (other than Content created by You) or otherwise generate income from the Products or use the Products for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar to the Products. You shall not engage in any activity or use the Products in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Products, or any servers or networks connected to the Products or Novipod’s security systems.
8. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Novipod and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights in the Products and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names (“Novipod Marks”) associated or displayed with the Products. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Novipod Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Novipod without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Novipod Marks without Novipod’s express written consent.
10. TERMINATION. You may terminate Your Account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain termination fees may apply depending on the terms of Your individual contract with Novipod. If You fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement, Novipod may terminate Your Account immediately without notice, and any unpaid amounts will remain due to and collectible by Novipod. Sections 2 through 16, inclusive, shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, You must cease any further use of the Products and destroy any copies of associated software within Your possession and control. You agree not to destroy or attempt to harm any Products or associated software on Novipod’s servers or Novipod’s network.
11. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Products, or portion thereof may be subject to the export control laws of the United States. You will not export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Products or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export law or regulation.
12. INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any use of the Products contrary to this Agreement, or any transfer, sublicensing, copying or disclosure of technical information or materials related to the Products, may cause irreparable injury to Novipod, its affiliates, suppliers and any other party authorized by Novipod to resell, distribute, or promote the Products (“Resellers”), and under such circumstances Novipod, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers will be entitled to equitable relief, without posting bond or other security, including, but not limited to, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
13. NO WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND NOVIPOD AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NOVIPOD AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PRODUCTS OR THAT THE PRODUCTS WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE PRODUCTS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS REMAINS WITH YOU. NOVIPOD DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. NOVIPOD CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE PRODUCTS. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Novipod, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers and Resellers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) arising from Your use of the Products, Your violation of this Agreement or the infringement or violation by You or any other user of Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Without limiting the foregoing, the Products are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Novipod, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for such purposes.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL NOVIPOD OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF NOVIPOD, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, NOVIPOD’S, ITS AFFILIATES’, AND RESELLERS’ MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS (IF ANY) IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS. Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to You.
16.1 Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in and serving Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
16.2 Waiver and Severability. Failure by either party to exercise any of its rights under, or to enforce any provision of, this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or ability to enforce such provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
16.3 General Provisions. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding and agreement between the parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any and all prior understandings and agreements between the parties respecting such subject matter, except that if You or Your company have executed a separate written agreement or you have signed an order form referencing a separate agreement governing your use of the Products, then such agreement shall control to the extent that any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the terms of such agreement. Novipod may elect to change or supplement the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. Novipod will exercise commercially reasonable business efforts to provide notice to You of any material changes to this Agreement. Within five (5) business days of posting changes to this Agreement, they will be binding on You. If You do not agree with the changes, You should discontinue using the Products. If You continue using the Products after such five-business-day period, You will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms of this Agreement. In order to participate in certain Products, You may be notified that You are required to download software and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless expressly set forth in such additional terms and conditions, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. This Agreement has been prepared in the English Language and such version shall be controlling in all respects and any non-English version of this Agreement is solely for accommodation purposes. All notices or other correspondence to Novipod under this Agreement must be provided to the email address set forth in Section 9 above, or other contact information as provided by Novipod for such purpose. Any and all rights and remedies of Novipod upon Your breach or other default under this Agreement will be deemed cumulative and not exclusive of any other right or remedy conferred by this Agreement or by law or equity on Novipod, and the exercise of any one remedy will not preclude the exercise of any other. The captions and headings appearing in this Agreement are for reference only and will not be considered in construing this Agreement.
16.4 Questions? If You have any questions about this Agreement, You may contact us at email@example.com.